Navigation menuMost obvious use - this document website has a menu.
This menu is done completely, by just parsing BB-Code in one text-file.
For example, the "Overview" section looks like this:
It just defines how the particular menu link should look like, and where too look for a text files to parse as content.
[menuItem urlPath="" contentPath="bb/idea"]Overview [menuItem urlPath="the_idea" contentPath="bb/idea" default]Introduction[/] [menuItem urlPath="the_idea" contentPath="bb/idea"]Why ?[/] [menuItem urlPath="the_idea" contentPath="bb/idea"]Simple code, smart parsing[/] [/]
Simple and useful :)
Clickable mini-imagesAn example of embedding small images into the text is here: http://zielona.ws/kebab_berlin
Forget about reading the stuff (it's Polish!), just scroll a little bit down, and click on some images in the text - they will pop-up as big images.
It's all done just by adding this BB-Code:
[imgMini]pizza_image_01.jpg[/] then another image: [imgMini]pizza_image_02.jpg[/]
Simple, isn't it ?
Embeding source code in textThis website uses it's own tag [code] to emit source code in preformatted way (some div and pre tags mix).
And_Another('line of code');[/code]
The_LineOfCode(); And_Another('line of code');
Public websites using KBB-CodeWe use it on:
- this documentation website - all documentation here is written with Kemu BB-Code using node.js/npm bb2 package
- online calculators, math tools etc. (calculla.com) website and its translated Polish version of kalkulatory webowe (calculla.pl) - this uses our PHP implementation of BB2
- Kemu Studio website
- The Nodected Project - world of connected nodes
- Yosh (aka Roman Pietrzak) personal website - no better place than my own personal website to test the BB2 in production :)
Our customers use it too, as a part of our CMS, for example:
- Kettlebell Warszawa - Kettlebell trainings in Poland
- Solidarnosc - website of some well-known union in Poland
Are you using BB-Code 2.0 as an idea for your own implementation - tell us.
Are you using our KBB implementation - tell us too.
If you want you project/website to be listed here - let us know some details of how you're using bb2 and we're publish it here.